Monday, May 01, 2006

31 day countdown




Jacob Wimpee and I (Leisa Newton) were officially engaged February 5, 2006. We met the previous summer during an internship I had in Chattanooga, TN. Jacob grew up in Northern Georgia and attends Dalton State University. He will graduate May 5, 2006 in technology Management.
Whereas I have moved many times and have lived in 8 states and two countries. I graduated from BYUI in 2005 in Therapeutic Recreation.
Jacob served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints in the Northernmost mission in the Philipines, and I served in the Canada Toronto West Mission.
I We met through a mutual friend during institute activities and just hanging out with everyone in the area.
But...........it took until August right before I moved to Utah to figure things out between us. I left knowing I was supposed to go to Utah but wanting to stay near Jacob. After a couple weeks Jacob flew out to Utah and then I in return flew out to Georgia for thanksgiving. Soon I moved back to Georgia ( in January) and on a Sunday evening in february on a walk through his parents beautiful foresty acreage Jacob knelt on one knee and asked me to marry him. And now we are getting married in the Nauvoo Illinois Temple June 2, 2006!

Many thanks to Holritzphotograpy for the engagement pitures and the bridal pictures! ( Links attatched) http://www.holritzphotography.net/ (Under the month of April you will see my bridal pictures at Barnsley Gardens and then further down our engagement pictures ) you can see more engagement pictures at www.pictage.com/ and type in wimpee/newton.
Our plans are to go straight from Nauvoo to Ohio and the next day have a reception there and then three days later drive to georgia where we will have a reception there also! So now we are finishing up the details of everything and are on a 31 days left countdown. If you would like to receive an invitation and I have not yet contacted you for your address I apologize...please email me your address at...lnctwm@hotmail.com

1 comment:

silkyjay said...

Congrats Wimpee I found this through the old mission website. I havent heard about you since the days in San Manuel. Good luck and if your headed back to Utah anytime soon I could track down Boyer and we could catch up.
E. Brown