Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Magic

Want restoration done on some of your own? Just let me know!




That's what I thought it looked like the first time I saw someone restore old photographs. Now I do it myself and still think it looks like magic. Kind of like the first time I developed my own pictures and saw my photograph slowly appear under liquid chemicals. It was amazing! It's moments of discovery like those, that I just can't wait to show my children one day. Sadly I had to sell my developing equipment, along with the little dream I would teach my children the old art of developing photographs, and watch them be amazed as the pictures came to life. But then again, dreams rarely happen as you picture them...and in reality they would probaly just complain about how the chemicals stink...or something gets spilled...or getting scared in the dark...or worse, they would be totally bored by something I love...and the moment wouldn't live up to my minds eye. So, I guess that is where it will stay..caught up in my mind. Silly I know!
At the same time this world just amazes me naturally and as Jacob and I discover it more and more together, we just smile and think...someday...there will be more of us to ahhh..and oooh..at the world and it's discoveries!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Is there anything you are not good at? I want to be you someday- fearless to try new things.